Tuesday, August 6, 2013

July 28 - Home Sweet Home

Today (July 28) I go home.  After waking too early in the morning, I catch the bus to the airport.  There was a long line to get through.  I had to wait to get through security in London and the US.  I had to wait to get through customs.  There was a lot of waiting.

I had hoped to sleep on the plane but this did not happen.  I watched four movies.  I started off with The Hobbit.   After that I watched this John Cusack movie called Faculty. After a thriller movie I needed something lighter so I watched Ted.   I decided to end my trip by watching Les Miserables.  I enjoyed all the movies.   I thought I would not get to see the end of the movie.  Luckily, credits ran as we pulled up to the gate in Dallas.

I was so happy to be home.  But it took another hour and a half to get my luggage and go through customs, etc.  I finally made it home around 4 PM and promptly ate and went to sleep.  It took me nearly a week to get over the jet lag but I am home and had a fabulous time learning in London, and Edinburgh.

Flat Stanley will help me remember my time in London as I share my story this school year in the hopes of introducing new places to my students.

That is all.  Thank you for joining me on this journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment